Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th weekend



We had a great July 4th! I was expecting it to be a little bit hard, starting off the weekend with a party at my grandma's house. July 4 was one of her favorites, and she always celebrated with her family all coming to her house for a huge party, food, and fireworks. I really miss her - but I am glad we went to the party. It was good to see the family! And the kids had a super awesome time!











We spent Sunday crashing our neighbor Bev's party next door. She always cooks the most amazing smoked meats and the kids have a lot of fun swimming in her pool (which is not permitted the rest of the year - not that she would ever tell them no - but I figure she doesn't really want us in her backyard all summer!).

On Monday, the kids participated in the Overbrook 4th of July Bike parade. This was once a very small event, but has grown each year and is really HUGE now! I even commented at one point to Jim that there weren't many people watching the parade......I soon found out that it was because everyone in town was IN the parade! We had a low key day and finished it off with the Overbrook city firework show. This is also amazing - totally free, and truly, an awesome fireworks display!


As usual, holiday weekends go by too fast, and we had to return to work all too soon! I spent my afternoon looking for one of our dams at work.....my maintenance man is on vacation this week, and I have a mower coming who needed directions. This is one of the dams that I have only been to during inspection and I have never driven there by myself.....needless to say Quincy and I spent some bonding time driving around in the country where I THOUGHT the dam is located, but never did find it! I had to call the landowner, who was kind enough to give me good directions -even if it did make me look like a giant dork! Oh well, I have been a dork before! Here's hoping with the directions I can find the gate and let in the mowers! Good use of the tax payers money huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment