Sunday, June 26, 2011

Colin's birthday party



(notice Quincy right in the middle of all these boys? - I think she was actually bossing them around!!)

Colin had requested a birthday party at the pool with all his buds this year. Sadly, we could only seem to squeeze this in on a Sunday evening since we live at the ball park every other evening during the week! He had a great time with all his friends and was very happy that grandma put a baseball on his cake rather than the Barbie that we told him he was getting! Pool parties are a definite bonus in my book - outdoors means that the pool staff just runs a hose on all the stuff they spilled, and there are paid chaperones to keep everyone in line (lifeguards rock!). Also, thank you Grandma Nancy for the awesome cake - the boys loved every last morsel!


We actually had a lot going on this weekend! Other than the birthday party! Unfortunately, I did not do a good job with the camera! We spent part of the afternoon picking blackberries at the local orchard with Jim's folks. The kids had a lot of fun even though it was very hot! We put 3 gallon size bags in the freezer! I am planning to make some blackberry jam, but for now they will just have to wait for my attention in the freezer! The benefit of hanging out at the pool all evening with the moms is that I now have a mom who has said she will give me some starts off of their blackberry bushes! I am very excited to try to grow some of these on my own! She promised me that they are not hard to grow! She may have underestimated my gardening abilities!


Jim's mom also gave us an ice cream freezer that she had in her garage. The kids were curious about this - and then got super excited when we used it to make orange sherbert! SOOO easy and yet so much fun!



We are starting to think about county fair projects. I said think about - not do anything with! We have lots of time to talk about this at ball games - which we have been to every night! This week is no better! Colin is also attending an overnight wrestling camp this week. He is excited because he hasn't been able to go to summer wrestling this year.


Summer is flying by! A few weeks ago I said that the week of Memorial day had drug on forever - well the month since then has completely zipped by! I can't believe the firework tents are up already!

No comments:

Post a Comment