Monday, September 26, 2011

recap

Another week is gone, and I didn't do a very good job of blogging. Seems like at the end of the day, all I want to do is go to bed, not jump on the computer! We had a full week, as usual. Colin's football team played a very hard game against Holton, and even though they lost, I was super impressed with how they played.....they made Colin's team look like first graders! Those boys were huge. Not sure what they are feeding their boys in Holton, but I am pretty sure we don't have that much protein in this part of the country!! Cam's team also was on the losing end of their game this week. I did not get to go to his game since I was helping the girls run a food stand at the farm auction of my grandparent's farm equipment. It was a good day for food sales, and the girls made quite a bit of money toward their trip to DC. It was a little sad to see them sell my grandpa's farm equipment, especially his bulldozer which I know grandpa was very excited about owning!

After the auction, Mallory and Madison had about 2 hours to rest and then they went with Jim to Ottawa to work at a concession stand at the fall demolition derby. Jim said that the girls worked very hard, and that he thought they stayed busy the whole time - so we are hoping that they made some more money for their trip! They didn't get home until 1:00 a.m. so I hope it was worth the exhaustion they felt on Sunday!
Even though Quincy didn't work, she was also exhausted this weekend...you can see it on her face! She wasn't too tired to go to a princess party for her friend though! She was excited to get her hair and make up done! I thought she looked very princess-y! She had fun! We did trick her into going to bed early last night because she was so grouchy though!

I am excited because we are now 7 weeks away from meeting our new baby! I am definitely ready to meet her and also to have her dad take a turn in carrying her!

Also new this week, Mallory and Madison's class rings are ordered. Seems impossible to me that they are ordering class rings! Better a class ring than an engagement one though right? They did a fabulous job of staying on my budget and the photos of what they ordered look pretty cool....and they were sure excited about it! They also performed at the homecoming game, and attended the homecoming dance. I did not go to homecoming since I was at my cousin Kelsey's wedding. The wedding was literally 2 minutes long - with vows only! My cousin Michael performed the wedding -- he was ordained on line! Colin though it might be a good idea for him to become our parish priest.....maybe we would get home a little sooner! I don't see that happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment