Saturday, September 3, 2011

bad photographer

Hard as I try to take photos of my kids and their stuff - once in a while a week gets the better of me. This week was one of those weeks. The kids had a ton of activities going on - back to school stuff, first football games etc. No camera was present at any of these things - I forgot to bring it. I missed getting photos of Colin getting to start in his first 8th grade football game....which may be ok since they got their rumps kicked! The list of other things I didn't document photographically is rather long - I am going to pretend that it doesn't exist!


I must say that after this week, a 3 day weekend was needed and overdue! Getting the kids back into the swing of a routine has been a challenge. Quincy has had a really good first week of full days of school - but she has never, ever been a morning person. The excitement of starting kindergarten wore off on day 4 when she pronounced she 'just needed a day off of school!' Well, darling guess what? You only have 12 more years to go after this one!! :)

Mallory and Madison are both taking rather challenging sophomore schedules and I have no idea what they are even doing homework wise! I know I took chemistry and geometry in high school.....but I sure hope they don't come to me for any help! I have had fun helping Madison study Spanish - I always liked that subject!

On top of activities, routine and homework it has been a rocky week at my office, and Jim has been hurt and is having a rather hard time moving very well. Challenge has been the name of the game!


In good news, the first full week of school is over, the kids are happy with seeing all their friends, and I am overall very happy with the teachers they got. I know things will settle in and calm down! At least they better!

No comments:

Post a Comment