Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend?

Each year, when I see summer winding down, I am at first sad, and then I start to think 'well, it will be nice to get back on a schedule.' Then school starts and I am smacked into the reality of the activities that go along with school starting, early mornings, trying to get kids into bed when it is still daylight outside, and the fact that no matter how much school shopping you do before hand, when they get to school, the teachers are going to send them out for more supplies (this is a thorn in my hind end right now!)


Friday night, Colin's 8th grade team had the season kick off with a scrimmage game against the 7th graders. The 8th grade kicked some rear, and Colin had a ton of great plays. It was fun to watch, and I am happy that foot ball season means it will soon be cooler weather and maybe a break from my electric bill! (Colin is #60).
Today, Cameron's beekeeper group had a bee-bee-que. He had to bring a side dish to share that contained honey. He made some soft pretzels and they were absolutely fabulous, although I think we both could use a little practice with making pretzel shapes! Jim said that they had amazing food, and both Jim and Cam enjoyed visiting with the fellow beekeepers!

Our week is packed. I can't even look at the whole week or I will have a breakdown....for now I am borrowing that old 'one day at a time' idea! It will all be fine, and we will have a great time I am sure of it! Now if I could just figure out where the weekend went?



No comments:

Post a Comment