Sunday, December 4, 2011

For Dodie.....



Yesterday at Colin's league wrestling tournament, my friend Dodie, who happens to be one of my three readers, mentioned that I have been behind on updating the blog lately. I told her that we haven't been doing much that was blog-worthy lately and she told Saige she should be very insulted! So here are some photos of Saige, who will be 3 weeks old tomorrow (hard to believe) and one of Colin's final Jr. High wrestling tournament.



Colin wrestled so well yesterday - we were very proud of him! I video taped some of the matches, but when I watched them, all you can hear is me yelling and asking Jim about points and a few other chosen words erupting from my lips - guess if I am going to video tape stuff I should learn to be quiet! Colin won 3 and lost 1 to take 2nd place in his league tournament. The one match he lost, was a pretty intense match, with him getting head butted in the eye and he says he blacked out for a couple of minutes. All I know was he was down on the mat, and I was a wreck for a few minutes! He was also bitten on the shoulder during the same match, but we will refrain from commenting on that due to my trying to keep this blog "G" rated. Needless to say, he has a black eye, bite marks on his shoulder and a fat lip all from one match! It didn't stop him though, he came back and won his next 2 matches! He starts both club wrestling and jr. high basketball this week, so I shall have blog material! Not that taking photos of Saige is a bad thing, but we have taken a lot, and frankly, she isn't doing much in any of the photos yet! She needs another few weeks so she can learn to smile and do some cute stuff for photographs!

She is a very good baby, though, she sleeps at night and she loves to cuddle! We are enjoying her!


All the kids have been sick this weekend. We came home from wrestling to find Preston and Quincy both throwing up. By the time we got up this morning, all the kids had stomach aches and headaches. We skipped church and have spent the day relaxing and eating soup. Everyone seems a little bit better now. Hopefully the worst is over. After hearing the details of a friend who has been diagnosed with cancer, and hearing about another friend whose son died yesterday, I said I would happily clean up vomit! Life is ok here.

2 comments:

  1. Hey now...I just merely commented that I you hadn't put anything on there lately:) Poor baby Saige might need therapy if she reads these someday and she isn't included...(hello Christmas card picture)! Where is the picture of the ceiling? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dodie... I check every morning for more pictures & updates of what my Grand-Gifts are up to! Love the photo's, especially!
    (Thanks, Dodie, for poking!!) (Grandma Nancy)

    ReplyDelete