Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winding down

We are following a crazy week after a crazy weekend with all the preparations that come along with the Christmas season. This has meant several Christmas (aka Winter) concerts for the kids. Due to them reconfiguring the schools, we can no longer attend one concert for the grade school kids and see all our kids perform on the same night - nooo way that would be too easy! We have now attended 4 concerts! Preston and Quincy's were at least on the same night in the same location - just at different times! Colin had his 8th grade band concert Monday night. They were pretty awesome! Playing the trumpet is not Colin's favorite activity, and truth be told the only reason he is in band is because when we agreed to purchase the trumpet 2 1/2 years ago, I made it known that it was required to play through jr. high! Although I really wish he loved band, he just doesn't! Not that he isn't involved in enough other activities I guess!


We have also been busy trying to get everything done for school parties, and Jim and I have decided that tomorrow morning, we will start our Christmas shopping. I realize it is still a little early, but we are going to live on the edge! All that being said, today is the last day of school before Christmas break. We can wind down and relax a little bit I hope! Plus there is the Quincy factor. She is most definitely NOT a morning person. The excitement of going to school was stomped out when she realized she had to get up EVERY day to go! She has the hardest time getting out the door in the morning, and sometimes I feel like I am literally dragging her by her teeth just to get to school.....a few days of sleeping in should help her I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment