Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday is definitely not a day of rest


Unless your name is Harper. Harper seemed to find a moment to rest between the events of this day. After mass, we ran and picked up Quincy and then went to Sam's club to get all the supplies for the 4-H Christmas dinner tomorrow. Somehow, Quincy is one of the kids in charge of the planning. (I say 'somehow' sarcastically since she raised her hand and waved frantically to volunteer). Also somehow, Quincy being in charge translates into Hope cooking turkeys, and making cheesy potatoes for 100 people. Although I recently did this for a band event, this time I don't have the benefit of Grace's help. I did manage to con Madison into helping me, although she would rather bake than cook!






After braving Sam's on a Sunday, I really wanted to sit in a corner and rock myself slowly, but that just isn't reality. So instead, I slammed away groceries, threw kids into the car, drove Quincy to basketball practice and ran to Carbondale for their city Christmas event. Cameron was playing tuba with a few members of the band and Santa was set to arrive. The high school choir also lead a sing along.




Saige was excited to go, but when Santa arrived, she was absolutely terrified. She hid behind me, refused to talk to him or even look at him. Harper wasn't much better. They did consent to a photo IF Cameron would stand with them! It was a fun event. I am glad we went over!











No comments:

Post a Comment