Sunday, December 2, 2018

Blah weather


We had a few things to do this weekend, but it wasn’t an overly busy one.  The weather was rainy and blah and honestly it just made us all sort of lethargic. We started out our Saturday being very productive, we took Preston to work and  by noon we had the house mostly clean, the laundry almost caught up and Jim went in to work.  We did our church cleaning duty and came home in time to eat lunch.  After lunch, I sat down and the next thing I knew, almost 3 hours had gone by.  I never nap.  When I woke up, I realized everyone else was napping too!   Luckily I didn’t sleep too long and miss picking Preston up from work!   In reality, it was a good use of the afternoon on a day where the weather was dreary!
When Preston got home, Mallory decided that my “no Christmas before December” time span had elapsed and December 1 is a good day to decorate.  The kids did a nice job (although a little wild) decorating the tree and putting up decorations around the house.  It did brighten up the gray darkness of the day!

Jim and I ran today to get groceries and have lunch together.  Sometimes the only time I have uninterrupted to have a conversation with the big guy is grocery getting day.  It was an amazing lunch at a place a co-worker of Jim’s recommended.  Mexican is always good and we recommend El Rancharito’s.  Of course, we ate too much and had a large amount of shopping to do.  We managed!  I did learn something today.  When your 14 year old son asks you to pick him out some “bland shoes” you should refuse.  It is not possible to pick out something that they will actually like.   I was told the shoes I picked are “dad shoes.”  In order to prove his point, he googled “dad shoes” and the almost exact pair came up- except in white.  Lucky for me, Preston wears the same size shoe as I do and my current shoes were starting to get a little sad looking.  I don’t mind wearing dad shoes at all!   I will let him pick out a pair on line.  I won’t be making that mistake again!  
This evening, the girls had a 4-H foods project meeting. They made the desserts for the Christmas party tomorrow night.  Sadly, because the desserts were for the club party, they didn’t get to taste them today.  That is how I was shamelessly talked into buying the ingredients to re-make one of the recipes at home.  Quincy helped the girls re-create the pumpkin fluff for our dinner at home and it was soooo good!  I love that they are enjoying time in the kitchen!
I can’t believe it is already time to go back to work.  Weekends never last long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment