Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fair Photos (more importantly its over!)

 The 2012 Overbrook fair was a success.  I judge success by the fact that livestock auction buyers showed up and purchased these hogs!  The kids had a great time!  We are very proud of the work that they put in!

 My sister bought the boys new shirts to show pigs in.  It was really nice of her, but when she bought them, it was 110 degrees and I was a bit worried about the long sleeves!  Little did we know, we would luck into some cooler weather, and on the morning of the pig show, it was actually a GOOD thing to have long sleeves! 


 Mallory had the reserve champion Yorkshire!  We won't mention that there were only 3 in her breed class.  I know that her pig didn't fill out the way we would have liked, but as pigs go, he is toward the top of the list of my favorites.  He just had a great personality, worked well for her, and had some funny quirks that made me overlook his devil eyes!
 Since Madison showed in Osage City earlier in the summer, she was free to enjoy this fair.  Well, she didn't really enjoy it, since she was stuck helping me with the little girls, but I think the little girls enjoyed hanging out with her during the shows and auction!  Of course, true to her self, Madison could not take pictures of the kids showing pigs without having Harper want her to "taka picture of Harper!" 


 Preston did a pretty good job of trying to handle his pig....especially when you figure it was a pig who outweighed him by about 200 pounds.  He had fun trying!  I was proud of his effort.  I was also proud of the older kids for jumping in and helping him.  It was really cool to see them teaching him the stuff they have learned.

 Colin won reserve champion intermediate showman.  It was a pretty close class, and he worked really hard.  It was pretty cool to watch him do so well. 

 Big old pig, little bitty boy!
 Cam helped show his friend's goats again this year.  This is his PLEASE buy me a goat look.  I would love to get some goats, but since it is against the city ordinances, we are once again having the real estate discussion!  Maybe next year!  This particular goat did win grand champion Pygmy goat and Cam was showing it when it won.  Of course he can take none of the credit for the goat's feeding or training, but it didn't stop him from bragging about showing the grand champion!
 Cam also had fun throwing candy off of the 4-H's parade truck.  From the sounds of things, perhaps a little too much fun? 
 The SFT Marching Band did a great job!  I haven't heard how they did in the battle of the bands this year, there was a band down from Topeka whose drum line was absolutely amazing.  Our band was amazing too, but I didn't see anyone of them standing on their heads while they played (no joke here). 





 Mallory made this "mail basket" for her desk.  I really love the colors.  The judge thought the corners could be sharper.  We tried it out though, and it does hold mail!  :)
It was a grand old time.  This old momma is happy to be done for another year!  I hope that the kids made some great memories....I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment