Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Helper

 Having a good helper is every mom's dream right?  Today, I learned just how important a good helper can be in life.  I decided to bake some cookies for the kids for an after school snack.  The minute Harper heard the mixer, she came running.  Despite my telling her that it was just butter, she HAD to have a beater RIGHT NOW!  She could not wait.  She also devoured half of the dough before I could even think about baking the cookies.  So helpful!
 While I was doing dishes, and making dinner, Harper reported to me "I am being nice to Saigie, she colored with me."  Saige did not stay inside the lines very well, and we are now minus one orange marker because she ate the tip right off!  Thank goodness they were nontoxic and washable! 
Deciding it would be best if I sat Saige in the high chair, far away from Harper's coloring, I turned around to find her not eating the raisins that I sat on the tray, but a chocolate chip cookie.  Harper smiled and said "See momma, she LIKES cookies just like I do!" 
What a great big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment