Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

 I love holiday weekends.  It makes me happy every single time!  Of course, I have grand ideas of how we are going to clean, catch up laundry, watch movies, relax and sleep in.  Those things  NEVER happen!  Instead, we have watched the boys play football, been fascinated by a balloon from a birthday party for cousin Alex (thank you Alex for providing Saige with 45 minutes of entertainment), worked a concession stand at a ball tournament for Colin's wrestling team, and tried to do the aforementioned clean up and laundry, but failed.  Luckily, we get a bonus day to try it all again!

 A lot of people like to go camping on Labor day weekend.  We don't do much camping, but my kids (and Jim) do love to fish.  Today I realized two things:
1.  We are rednecks and
2. we need to purchase a truck.


We did enjoy the last day of swimming at the city pool.  Quincy accomplished her goal of swimming without a life jacket.  She really is a great swimmer now!  She was very sad about the pool closing though, and asked me 1000 times why it has to close.  I think that she has forgotten how cold it gets in Kansas!  She said over and over I wish it was the first day instead of the last one!  I agree with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment