Saturday, September 15, 2012

Soccer Saturdays

 Quincy's soccer team had their first game this morning.  Quincy's team won and she scored one of their goals!  She played really well.  She has a really good coach, who is focusing on fundamentals, and is really teaching the kids a lot.  It was fun to watch her play!




 She had a large fan club there to cheer her on.  The theme of the morning was "I am cold" and I remembered why it was that I dislike soccer - early morning, wet, and cold!  I actually don't dislike soccer, just that the time of day the games are scheduled for!  Fall weather is actually ok with me, as long as I don't have to be wet, and it is ALWAYS wet during soccer!  Jim said to me "this year will be different, we are in a drought and it has been hotter than ever"  He already acknowledged that this was not correct information!


 I think I better buck up because Quincy loves playing soccer, and this is only the first week!!  :)
I did enjoy watching her have so much fun!
 After soccer, we came home and I gave Saige a little haircut.  After looking at the photos I took of her yesterday, I decided it was very much needed!  She looks so grown up now!
Last night, the marching band put on their first performance at the football game.  It wasn't supposed to be their first performance, but the first one was rained out.  They sounded awesome and I enjoyed listening to them!  I helped sell cow pie bingo tickets again for a fundraiser for their next band trip.  I was pleased to help with this, as it means that we are starting fundraising for the next trip a whole year early!

Colin and I also worked most of this afternoon parking cars at The Old Maris River Run, a car show in Ottawa.  It is a fundraiser with no selling- which I LOVE - and the money goes for his CWF trip.This fundraiser was extra good for the girls last year, and I was once again amazed at how many cars can be packed into a co-op parking lot!  Actually, I am amazed at how many people come out for a car show!  We have to go back again tomorrow, and I am sort of curious about what people are looking at.....I may have to venture out of our parking lot and check out the event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment