Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Random stuff from the past couple of days

 Quincy gave Harper a "makeover" - yes that is marker (and cookie).  Thank goodness it was washable!  Yes, Quincy did earn some extra chores!
 It was hard to convince me she wasn't involved since she had the same shade on her own face and hands!!
 Cam doesn't like early mornings, even if it is for a basketball tournament!  He also wasn't all that thrilled about me asking to take his photo at what he considers an ungodly hour (6:30 am!)
 Bev gave Quincy and Harper this Cinderella car a while back, but we had not been able to get it to run.  Colin discovered some wiring problem and was able to get it to hold a charge.  The girls were so excited!
 Saige is no dummy....if the mixer is going, she comes as fast as she can....beaters contain all sorts of yummy goodness!

And she won't go away until she has one!
She was also spotted walking across the living room today with no help or prodding from anyone.  This is the first time!  I will have to try to video it!
Jim took Saige to the doctor today.  She has been a bit under the weather.  I didn't know what was wrong, but I was guessing she had some ear infection, or maybe a sinus infection.  Jim said they looked at everything, made her incredibly mad, tested her for the flu (she had a flu shot) and found nothing wrong with her.  She is now sleeping soundly after having some of Dr. R's cold cocktail.

I was released from my surgeon today.  I am very happy with that.  I don't really have time for doctor appointments for me!  :)

I spent a little time with the school counselor last week looking at schedules for Mallory and Madison's senior year of high school.  I begged them to let me enroll them in kindergarten again, but I was told that could not happen!  Instead, I was told that they qualify to get 12 hours of college credit for free next semester because their GPA's are high enough to qualify for a scholarship through the local community college outreach program.  I see this as a downhill slide into their adulthood, and my empty nest!  Ok maybe not empty, but it sure doesn't feel like they are old enough for this!  I am very proud of my girls.  They are a true joy to us!  Jim serves on a zoning board with their boss, and she constantly tells Jim what good workers they are.  I am so impressed with the way that they have taken on a job, kept their grades high, been involved heavily with school band and activities,  and still have time to come home and play with their little siblings.  They are going to be very successful, I am sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment