Saturday, February 23, 2013

We weathered the storm

 We made it through what is being called "the blizzard of oz" a title which I personally don't like as much as snowpocolypse, but I guess once its been used, you gotta do something new, right?  :)
I had another of my moments where I got up early and said "wow! They called off school for this?"  Only to wait a little while and realize the weatherman did not mess up the forecast!  Altogether, I believe we got about a foot of snow.  Moisture we needed, so I am trying to not complain loudly about it!
 Quincy and Harper were really wanting to build a snowman.  They know that mom does not like to play in the snow, but they finally begged long enough that Mallory went out to help them.  I had to give Mallory a lot of grief though....we got a foot of snow, and they made a 6 inch tall little baby snowman?  Ha ha!
 Harper loves him all the same!

 The boys worked very hard to clear our driveway and sidewalk, as well as helping the neighbor clear hers.  I secretly think that Colin liked the work!  He gets bored and then ends up thinking of all sorts of things to dare Cameron to do, which is not a good thing at all, because we all know Cam has never, ever turned down a dare.
Also new this week, we put an offer on a house.  I am not sure if they will accept our offer because it is not really close to the asking price, however, we feel it is a fair offer.  We are in a season of waiting, which stretches me in ways I don't stretch, and then in turn, stretches Jim for having to put up with me!  I like to think that I am a patient person, and I am, unless I have to wait more than 4 minutes!  :)  The house sits on 5 acres adjacent to the land that we own.  If it works out, it would be absolutely wonderful.  If not, we do have a back up plan.

Because of the snow, Cameron's basketball season is not over as it should have been.  He has one more game that they had to move to next week.  Colin did not make it to state in high school wrestling, however he is going to finish out the club wrestling season and try to make it to state for club in the next couple of weeks.  I am glad he decided this, as it has been a goal of his to try to get to club state for a long time now.

Also because of the storm, many, many people could not make it to Brookside to come into work, which meant that the girls covered a lot of shifts on their snow days!  I know that the days were very, very long and exhausting for them, but I am once again very proud of Mallory and Madison for being mature enough to handle cooking for the residents and making sure they were fed.  They are good kids!

The storm also meant that all the activities we had planned for today were cancelled.  Preston was not a happy kid when he found out there would be no basketball.  He really loves playing!  Colin was not upset however, when he found out that the concession stand he was supposed to work in for his CWF trip was cancelled!  Guess the lack of places to run off to means we continue on with the packing.  I realized yesterday that we close on our house sale in 14 days!  That is not much time to cram all this junk into boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment