Saturday, November 11, 2017

Goings on

This has been a pretty hard week for us all.  Madison's  move got us off on an emotional start.  Tuesday, our friend and Jim's maintenance man at work was killed in a car accident.  He was a friend of mine's little brother. I have known him my whole life.  He was also our landlord when we rented a couple years back.  He was a good man and will be missed in our community.  

This was also city council and city court week for Jim, which never makes for an easy time.  We got through though, and had a few of those moments where we reflected and are thankful for all of the gifts we have been given.  

Life never stands still.  Even when we are grieving and sad, we have to keep moving.  Actually, the activity is one of the gifts I am thankful for.   It would have been an easy week to get caught up in my own thoughts and feelings and just been a bum.  We just don't roll that way.  Quincy had a game.  She played really well but their team got roasted by a tiny little team of quick, accurate girls!  

Funny story, because it was desperately needed this week, check out Quincy's socks.  I won a gift basket from a drawing they did after the Kaw Valley farm tour.   It was delivered this week and contained lots of amazing things.  One of the things was a pair of alpaca wool socks.  Quincy latched on to them and proclaimed them her new "lucky" socks.  Since her team got roasted, I'm guessing they are not that lucky.  I am also not sure how she stood wearing something so hot while playing!  They remind me of something my Grandpa Carl would have worn!   

Saige got a package in the mail.  It was from Madison but Saige kept saying it was from "Simone in Oklahoma."   I finally figured out she was saying someone in Oklahoma, which Harper had read on the return address label.  We are now straight that it was a gift from Madison for her upcoming birthday this week!  She loves it!  

The little girls school had reading theme week. They were not very excited about any of the themes except rock star day.  I crack up at their idea of what a rock star wears.  I offered to paint their faces like Kiss, but they were not going for that!  Apparently, in Harper and Saige's world, rock stars wear a ton of glitter!   

The religion ed classes are hosting a children's mass this weekend.  I almost fainted when Harper volunteered to be a reader!   She sounded great in practice!   

The chickens enjoyed the Halloween leftovers!  

I hope the coming week will be a lot less sad and a little less chaotic!  

No comments:

Post a Comment