Saturday, November 18, 2017

What Friday's have become 


Every single Friday, I wake up, thank the Lord for getting us through the week to the weekend. I tune the radio on the bus to the classic station to force small people to celebrate "Classic Rock Friday" with me, (which they hate) and I feel absolutely content with life, thinking about spending time with my family and relaxing.  Yep....I am delusional.  Every single weekend turns into a marathon of insanity and catching up, and laundry, and being "reminded" about things that I have to do that I had no knowledge of in the first place.  I am still thankful, even though I sometimes wish for a little less excitement.  

Last night, Quincy had a basketball game.  I tried mightily to find volunteers to help with the band's fundraiser and end of marching season party.  I failed.  Which meant I got to help at both events last night.  I actually enjoyed the party and seeing some friends as well as visiting with the band kids a little bit.  The fundraiser was a little disappointing in both the number of parents who helped, and the number of kids who participated.  I really should not care, but we are trying to help them raise money for their trip, and I know that there is going to be whining down the road about the kids not having enough money.  It is a little bit disheartening.  I am proud of Cameron for the work he put in anyway.  

Jim took Quincy to her game. Her team lost.  He took her out to dinner so she seemed like that was a good make up for a bad night!  They were also kind enough to take care of my Sam's club shopping.  Although I seem to have a few things in the freezer that were not on the list!  ;)

The only one relaxing this weekend seems to be the dog!  We have been taking her over to my brother's house to see his dog, and are hoping we get some puppies!  

Preston attended a birthday party for one of his friends last night.  This party had a lot of boys invited, and I believe they had a good time.  Preston never went to bed and was absolutely exhausted today as a result!  I had to keep bumping him during church because he was dozing off!   I think everyone will sleep good tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment