Saturday, November 25, 2017

One of 'them days'

This is kind of day I have a love/hate with.  I love that my kids are involved, ready and willing to help, and hard working.  I hate when every single thing seems to fall on the same day.  The 4-H club had a bake sale at the Christmas at Home event in town.  We baked cookies.  Having to bake in bulk makes me miss Madison....she loves doing this sort of thing.  I love to bake, but don't seem to have the patience for it like she does.   Needless to say, I had willing assistants and we made oatmeal blueberry as well as chocolate chip!  They turned out good!  

Quincy and Harper worked a shift at the bake sale and I can say that there wasn't much left!   I heard it was a tremendous success!  I am proud of our little working club!  

One of our club community service projects is to ring bells for the Salvation Army.  Today was one of the dates we were assigned.   There were not many people available today, so we took a shift after the bake sale.  The girls had fun, and it was really nice outside today, so I feel like we got lucky there!   

Saige only wanted to have a couple of her bff's over and have a piñata for her birthday.  Easy enough to do, but finding a time between the craziness and the holiday proved difficult.  We decided we better get that done today as well.  Saige has spent the whole evening squealing with happiness, so it is totally worth it!  That's NOT to say I am not praying for them to fall asleep soon however!  



I honestly love these times.  I know how fast they disappear.  I would much rather have all the kids here, squealing with their friends, under my roof!  


No comments:

Post a Comment