Wednesday, October 7, 2026

hump day

Look how cute my buddy is wearing his bus sweatshirt!  He is the happiest/sweetest little boy!  Hoping I can snag a snuggle soon!  

This girl is the queen of hump day!  She cracks me up.  She talked her mom into a 9 dollar knead-o and then she popped it in 3 minutes.  haha!  I don't understand the squishy thing - but I do think it is better than the 'make slime out of all your mom's kitchen ingredients' thing.  

Cameron started his new job this week.  He said it was a lot of information thrown at him all at once, but he is working with 2 former co-worker/friends and he was happy about that.  I will have to call him for more details - I was wondering how the drive to downtown is going.  Not something I would enjoy I can promise you that!  This is the photo they took for his badge - it makes him look so friendly!   (also - super stunning haircut don't you think?)

Mallory had a good day and cleared out some of her gardens.  Her flowers truly are showstopping!  
I am also going to report that last night, I noticed 10 of the 13 blackberry cuttings I did are growing leaves.  I don't know if I have ever been more excited about anything plant wise before!  I am going to have an amazing blackberry patch at some point!  I just hope I can keep them going!  I am also kidnapping some posts from Jim's fencing pile so I can start staking them up - easier to pick berries next summer!  

Monday night we had 4-H.  Saige was elected as the secretary, and Harper was elected as the club reporter.  They continue to be great assets to the club.  I am excited about this year.  I have a fabulous co-leader, some great plans and a lot of nice people who are joining the club.  It is a program that I truly believe sets kids up with skills they use for the rest of their lives.  I am also getting old and I admit I have times that I struggle with motivation.  Which is why it is so nice to have a co-leader who is so enthusiastic about things.  Saige also officially applied for her CWF trip, our last official fundraising for CWF has started, and she is excited about it.  I am excited too.....I did a little math.  I believe I have helped the kids raise $17,500 combined.  We have sent 7 of our kids to DC.  I love this trip, as I think it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  When I am done, I think that we will have spent well over 1000 hours doing fundraisers and raised over $20,000!  This is a hat that I absolutely cannot wait to hang up!  Was it worth it?  Absolutely!  Do I hate fundraising?  Also absolutely!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment