Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I never learned....


My parents were sure to teach me a lot of important stuff growing up. I learned how to change a tire, I learned how to check my own oil. My mom made sure I knew how to cook a lot of different meals out of a very few ingredients. One thing they failed to teach me is what the heck kind of a twisted screw is on the back of my dryer. I know about Phillips heads, flat heads - star shaped? I don't know where one finds the star shaped screwdriver. Did the dryer company put weird star shaped screws on there to keep inept people like myself from working on the dryer? Or is it a conspiracy to drive me bonkers? Really? Star shaped? Dad did not provide me with this information, and my little sad tool drawer does not contain a star shaped screwdriver. When I was fond of watching Uncle John take apart and rebuild antique tractors, I do NOT recall him ever asking me to hand him the star shaped screwdriver! So I guess I will have to wait for tomorrow when I can get Jim to tell me that we have had a star shaped screwdriver all along, to take the dryer apart so I can push the little button to restart the heater so I can have a towel to dry off on! I guess I better hope that the towels Quincy and Harper used tonight are dry by morning - and yes, Grace, I know that you can technically re-use a towel, but I don't want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment