Wednesday, April 13, 2011




I can always tell when spring has officially started, because my calendar suddenly becomes very inundated with ball practice schedules! Quincy had her first practice yesterday. She is playing coach pitch softball this year, and oh my goodness is she excited about it! She started in at 7:30 yesterday morning asking me when it was time to go - the practice was at 6 yesterday evening! Our postmaster, banker, grocer, and 17 random people on the street knew she was going to practice! I was surprised that they didn't come over to watch!! Preston, and Cam both had their first practices this week too. We are pleased with the teams that they got put on.


Preston had his last Religion Ed class for kindergarten tonight! I can't believe how grown up he is! Of course, this meant that I had my last class with my first graders too. It has been a fairly challenging class.....they do not know their prayers, they do not know the sacraments, they do not know what the 10 commandments are, they do not know most of what they need to know. However they did learn to stop saying curse words during RE class, and that they cannot hit, punch or arm wrestle during class, and they did learn that they cannot eat in my classroom without saying some sort of a prayer - even if it is not the recommended prayers for first graders! Part of me feels a little bit bad, like I failed, but the other part knows how very far that they did come, and I have to see it as a success! I wish that I could have taught them more...I hope for their sakes that their 2nd grade teacher can do more for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment