Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Closer....

We had a somewhat relaxing weekend. Uncle Jay came up to go to the spring KSU game with the boys. Preston was really excited to go this year! Unfortunately, Harper has claimed the hat that he got! She wears the colors well though! It was nice to get to visit with Jay, even if Quincy might have been a little over-zealous in the entertainment department! Jay is an incredibly brave man to willingly stay in this house for a weekend!


Since we are getting closer to the end of the school year (school lets out May 13) life is just a little bit on the crazy side! This week alone we have softball games, ball practices, library board meetings, spring band concerts, track meets, field trips, reward trips, and countless other amazing things to shove into already packed days. I am starting to admit defeat, and am totally ready for school to let out!

Preston did have a good field trip to the zoo on Monday - sort of. This was the 3rd date that they had scheduled it on - the first two got rained out. They were supposed to ride the mini-train and the carousel, but both are closed on Monday, so he was a little bit bummed about that. He reported that the zoo is not any different than the last time he was there! He did like the otters though!

And on a totally unrelated, random note, the kids were playing in the yard and came in to tell me that the tree in the front yard had a huge crack in it. In the name of public (and child) safety, Jim had to cut a huge chunk of the tree down. To say this is depressing is an understatement. I have been trying for the whole 11 years we have lived in this house to get some shade - this tree was actually starting to cast some and now it is a mere 1/2 of the tree that it was. So sad! I know its not the end of the world, but you would not believe the tree drama that I have had in this yard! I want to go back in time to the previous owners and beg them to plant some trees when they built the place! We also had to cut down a smaller tree in our back yard because it died over the winter. Trees in our yard seem destined for trauma!


And last but definitely not least, I am told that my grandma is very near the end of her battle with cancer. I am very devastated by this, but know that she is ready for the battle to be over. She is the strongest person I ever knew....to see her reduced to bed, in pain, weak and struggling is more than my heart can take! She will be missed by many - one man in town told me that my grandparents are the finest people he ever knew. I agree wholeheartedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment