Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Things for today



I have accepted that life is busy, that we are going to run like maniacs, and that we pay our mortgage payment only so we have a place to live when we get old. What I didn't understand is how excited I would get when things actually work out where I can do all the things I would like to do without having to miss something, reschedule, or say no. Its the little things!


Saige had her 2 month checkup yesterday- she weighed 12 pounds 14 oz! Her hobby is eating, so she is clearly good at what she does! Her ears were clear, and her upper respiratory mess is also cleared up. I am happy to say she was given a clean bill of health. And then she had to get shots! Nothing makes me feel worse than when a kid is all happy, cooing and smiling and then you have to hand them over to be stabbed in the legs multiple times! She was highly insulted!


Colin had a basketball game yesterday. While I was getting my baby stabbed in the legs, Jim went to watch. Colin plays basketball like a wrestler! We often joke with him that he has more fouls than points! He played a good game, and had a lot of fun. I am glad Jim had the day off and could go.


We also got the girls car fixed. I thought the blower motor was out of their heater. The mechanic warned me that this was going to be 'expensive' but what choice do you really have but to fix it? The total bill - $54. Well that is the kind of expensive I can deal with! Apparently it was not the motor but a series of fuses! Sigh of relief! They are hoping that the air conditioning will be as 'expensive' to fix this summer! But the main, most important part of the story is that it was done when they had the day off, and they were not forced to ride the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment