Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dirtballs

 Many times since I have been married have I used the term "football widow" but now I have started calling my children "ballpark orphans!"  All we are missing is the redhead one who sings "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow" --
 Between taking on the field lining, running the concession stand, and then just the regular amount of games that we have with following 4 teams around, we are at the ball park most afternoons, and all night, every night.  The kids are fine with this....it is fun to hang out with their friends, and they don't seem to ever be clean - which is a dream come true for Quincy!  They had one evening this week when Mallory decided she would stay home - and offered to keep them at home.  The little ones acted like we were leaving them out of something really great!  :)  I am glad they are enjoying themselves so much!



 Just for the record, even if we get home at midnight, all children go through at least a rinse cycle in the tub!  Some nights, they need a double rinse!  I am thankful that Madison's summer job allows her to be home with them in the mornings so they can sleep in!
 The exceptionally long nights are the ones where Colin has Babe Ruth ball.  They play double headers, and each game lasts for a couple of hours.  It gets very long!  For mommas, it is long, but for kids rolling in dirt, eating ring pops, and hanging out with other little brothers and sisters, it is nothing more than a great adventure.  I imagine someday they will tell their kids stories of all the fun they had hanging out at the ball park all summer long!  At least I hope they will be fun stories and good memories!!
Colin ripped a monster hit (a double) - almost tied up their game, but they did end up losing.  It was pretty cool.  I do like watching my kids play!

No comments:

Post a Comment