Thursday, June 21, 2012


I keep getting great reviews from the girls on their trip.  I have been enjoying their daily updates on the Frontier Extension District facebook page.  That is where I picked up these photos.  If I know my girls, these will not be the kinds of photos that they bring home! 
The little girls really miss the big ones.  Harper was even up in the night crying and asking for Madison.  The boys won't say that they miss them, but I did hear Cam say he can't wait until they get home because Madison gets up earlier than he likes to and she watches the little ones -- he wants to sleep in again!

Quincy had a friend over last night.  We had someone to cover the concession stand, so I decided it was a good evening to hang out at the pool.  Unfortunately, when I got them all to the pool, it had closed due to a poop accident.  Needless to say, everyone in town now knows the pool was closed since the 2 girls had to tell EVERYONE!!  Little girls are so funny - they spent an hour obsessing over who might have done 'it' and deciding that it was a boy who picks on everyone -- he was the reason they did not get to go swimming!  Guess that girl "cattiness" starts early!

We have been staying extremely busy with our regular duties and our extra ones.  I have always loved summer, but we may have taken on too much this time.  I would also say that it is not the work that bothers me.  I am not a people person!  I would happily line fields, make food, and scrub toilets if everyone would just leave me alone and let me do it my way!  Yep, I am self centered enough to think that my way is the best/only way!  :)  Jim and the kids have been great help.  Our family has a system and it is working pretty well.....and I am seeing that our kids know how to work hard, which makes me proud of them.  The only one who complains is Saige - but only when she can't see where I am at!  And yes, I did make two 5 year olds stock a cooler with soda and sports drinks last night.  Are there child labor laws against letting them work for Popsicles?

No comments:

Post a Comment