Thursday, April 18, 2013

Believer


Cameron's 7th grade band had a concert tonight.  I had to be a believer because I didn't know anything about the concert before this week.
Jim and I had a fun time watching him perform.  The spring concerts are usually filled with good pop music (mostly old - the 8th grade played Michael Jackson).  Jim was especially happy, since he has always been a Monkees Fan!  I do think that they sounded great!
In the video, you can't see Cam, he is just the elbow right in front of the blue drum!  He is really enjoying playing the tuba this year, and is planning to continue next year (rather than going back to the trombone).  SFT has a very talented band director, who we hope will be around for a long, long time -- we have a few more years of putting kids through his program!  I even overheard someone ask Cameron if he liked playing, and he responded with "YES!  Band is awesome!"  That makes this music loving mom happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment