Thursday, July 11, 2013

Happy birthday Princess Q!

 Quincy turned the big 7 today.  She is so funny.  We got home around 11 last night from the ball park.  She wanted to stay up to welcome in her birthday.  We let her (heck by the time we got baths and drinks, etc it was that time anyhow).  She jumped up and down and said 'its my birthday!  its my birthday!' and then proceeded to fall over on the couch and was fast asleep.  Over the years, I have said she has 2 speeds:  high and off.  She continues to prove me right! 
 For her special day, she wanted a marble cake and frozen pizza.  My kids are so interesting regarding their birthday dinner selections.  Sandwiches?  Frozen pizza?  Really, I know how to cook people!  :)

 The other big event of the day was that when you turn 7 in our house, you are allowed to get your ears pierced.  She has been counting down the days literally for a year.  She wanted me to bend the rules this time last year.  We made her wait, but today the long, long wait was finally over.  My friend (and old boss) Terri pierced them for her.  She was so excited.  She sat very still and did not even whimper!  Actually, she did giggle a little.  Her pain tolerance is pretty high - must be from the big brothers?

The only bad part is that Madison took her shopping this morning and allowed her to pick out some earrings.  She now has to wait 4 to 6 weeks to change the studs and it is going to drive her crazy.  She spent the whole afternoon looking at all the cool pairs she could be wearing! 

I can't believe my little peanut is 7 years old.  She is the family clown.  Often found with her brothers fishing, playing ball in the yard, and trying to catch a pet squirrel.  She makes us all laugh, even though sometimes I think we probably shouldn't be laughing at her because she can be a little inappropriate!  She keeps us thinking, asks a million questions a day, smiles easily, has never known a stranger in her life, and knows more people than the rest of the family combined.  She also is a great big sister and loves her little sisters fiercely (dare to mess with either Saige or Harper!).  She is my sunshiny, social, fun loving kid.  We are so blessed that the good Lord sent her to us!  Happy Birthday Quincy - we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment