Friday, June 6, 2014

CWF 2014



Colin came home last night from Colorado, was home just long enough for me to wash his laundry, and sleep (oh and eat) and then he was off this morning again for his Citizenship Washington Focus trip to New York and Washington DC. 

There is never a time when I don't love Jim, but there are some times where I am especially thankful for him.  Like when he volunteers to leave the house at 2:30 in the morning in order to drive a kid to the airport for a 4:20 meeting time.  Jim doesn't seem to mind driving in Kansas City in the dark.  I on the other hand, do mind! 

Colin had a great trip to Colorado.  I wish I had thought to grab some of the photos off his phone (I was in shock at the fact that he took photos)!!  I hope that he will take a lot of pictures while he is in New York and Washington DC.  He was really excited about this trip.  It really is the trip of a lifetime, and Mallory and Madison were jealous that they didn't get to go with him!  I am very proud of Colin, who did an excellent job of fundraising for the past 2 years, and really worked very hard for this opportunity!

Cameron has been selected to go with the next group for the summer of 2016.  The day after Colin gets home, we have the first fundraising meeting for Cameron's group.  I am glad there is a 5 year break before Preston can apply!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment