Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

It is a Thanksgiving tradition around here to buy the paper on Thanksgiving day and then look through the Black Friday ads and sort of make the kids Christmas wish lists.  Sometimes some of us get brave and actually go out shopping but generally, I avoid town like the plague on those days.  For those of you who know me well, you know my patience for the general public is lacking.  I am working on that....oh never mind I just avoid crowds in general.  
There were a couple of cool things that really caught my eye in the ads this year.  Not things that we needed for Christmas, but things that were more along the lines of wants.  I saw a fake wood stove.  It runs on electricity!  It was cheap.  I wanted it.  I knew I was unwilling to go get it though.    That's when Preston and Quincy discovered the trampoline in the Academy sports ad.  You see, they have been saving up their birthday money and thought they would buy themselves a trampoline with it, but were still a bit short. 
Not on Black Friday.  They had more than enough money.  And they had something else.  Big brothers willing to brave the crowds and go get it for them.   Since big brothers were willing, I conned them into getting my little heater too!   Everyone was happy!  Well....everyone except poor Flashy who was the recipient of a new doggy sweater.  He was not amused.  
The coolest part of all was how when the boys got back, they all worked together to assemble the trampoline.  
Colin even read the safety rules to the kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment