Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sub state football


The boys football team played at Columbus tonight in sub state action.  Jim and I were privileged to get to go down and cheer on the team.  It was Jim's birthday, so he and I also went out for some awesome Mexican food with his good friend Breeze.  Breeze lives not far from Columbus, so he went to the game with us as well.  
The weather turned out much nicer than last week, and it was really a good game.  I was surprised at how many people made a 3 hour drive to cheer on the Chargers!  
The outcome was not what we were hoping for, but wow! What a season!  These boys have made progress and made it to a sub state game.  That is a pretty impressive turnaround considering in the past 8 years SFT had won 2 games. I couldn't be prouder of this team, or of my 2 players!   And it seemed like a pretty happy birthday for Jim as well!   Going to a football game sure beats the year I forced him to work at a school carnival for his special day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment