Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Whirlwind weekend

We started out a 3 day weekend Friday with the kids being home for end of the quarter break.  Cameron went to check on Totes and found that she had one baby on the ground.  It was a big boy!  
Before long she had a second baby which was a girl.  She seemed to be caring for both of them and I was pleased that she seemed calm, was feeding them and cleaning them and didn't seem to need vet care.  
And then, she had a third baby.  This time she didn't clean it or even try to get it out of the sack it was born in.  We panicked a little after several minutes sent by and Preston jumped in and cleaned the baby off a little bit so it could breathe.  We waited for Totes to take over but she refused to have anything to do with the third baby.  I pulled my phone a friend card and was told by the goat lady "congratulations it's a bottle baby unless you want to let her die".  Choosing death seemed sad and wrong, so Preston got a box, finished drying the baby and took her into the house where it was warm.  
Cameron named the triplets Larry, Mo, and Curley.  Curley is now Preston's bottle baby project!  She has a lot of love!    Seriously, cutest baby animals I have ever seen!  Curley is spending days in the pen with her mom but we have to feed her with a bottle, and she sleeps in the living room at night!  For now.  
Preston and Quincy officially finished their basketball seasons up this weekend.  I don't mind going to basketball games, but I couldn't be more ready for spring, so ending winter sports always kinda feels good to me! 
We were also blessed to have my friend Grace come for a visit (as well as her son Eisen).  It had been way too long since I had a couple hours to just visit with her! I love how she and I can go months without seeing each other, but when we get together it is as if we have never been apart!  She is a blessing in my life, and I was so happy to see her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment