Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday funday

At the very beginning of summer, Quincy asked me if we could please spend one day at the lake.  
I will be completely honest and say that although I grew up at the lake, somewhere in my adult life I have come to much prefer chlorinated water which I can see through.  I do not enjoy wondering exactly what it is that I am swimming with.  But, going to the lake is such a simple request that I said yes. 
Months ago.  
But Quincy did not forget, and I don't like to break a promise and so we decided we better go today. 
We were lucky enough to be joined by Quincy's bff and her family.  Her mom is one of my best friends of all time and so it was a nice outing.  
The kids stayed fairly close to shore, and got along well.  I had a nice visit with an old friend and we had a marvelous afternoon!  

I think this may become a last week of summer tradition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment