Sunday, September 20, 2015

A little catch up post


It was a busy week around these parts.  For whatever reason, despite taking photos, I never made the time to throw them on here.  
Preston ran for one of 3 positions on student council with 27 other 5th graders.  He wrote a fantastic speech, had an awesome campaign manager, made fabulous posters, and won the elections.  He also had his first stuco meeting, and says they are on a path to really making Carbondale school a better place.  I love his enthusiasm.  I  am proud of him giving a speech in front of the whole school, and happy that he was successful. 
Harper's abc camp is really fun.  She has made so many cute hats and seems to know what letter they are going to work on next.  She can identify letter sounds and loves her teacher.   I am glad she is doing  well. 
If Harper has a headband, Saige should have one too, right? 
I shared this photo on facebook, but I like to save photos on here.  
Quincy's class wrote a directional essay on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  If the whole class did well, her teacher promised to bring them each a sandwich as a snack.  Mrs. Bolz sent me this photo, so I assume they must have done well at this task! 
The hats are all cute, but p is my new favorite.  The tail.  I love the tail.  
Last night, Colin had a game at Royal Valley.  Right before we left, this storm went right behind our house.  On our way, we heard there were tornados in Paola.  I couldn't help but wonder if it was the same storm. 
This morning, Cameron and I spent about 6 hours parking cars at the River Run in Ottawa.  The kids going on his CWF trip seem like they get along well.  I am guessing this will be an awesome experience. We both should have thought about sunscreen though! 
Tonight Quincy is hanging out with her bff.  They are having a good time judging from the decibel level in the living room. 
While I was in Ottawa with Cameron, Jim took Preston and the fan club to his football game.  
When I got home, I asked Preston how his game went.  He responded with "it was awful!"   Colin and Preston can commiserate I guess.  KSU pulled out a win or we would have to proclaim this a terrible football weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment