Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wild Wednesday

This was one of those days where you look at the calendar and wonder what else you can put on there.  And then you shrug because there's not a thing you can do about it.   Then you jump in rump deep and it all works out.  The Kansas State Bank in Overbrook hosts a sunset stroll in the fall.  It is sort of a localized, scaled down version of the relay for life. They have all sorts of fundraisers and the money raised all goes to cancer research.  The 4-H club usually works at some kids games.   Preston, Quincy, Kyle and Alex worked the first shift.  
They did a good job and had a lot of fun helping the younger kids that came through, but I admit that they were a little distracted by the balloon animal making clown that was there.  I am pretty sure he was the hit of our area!  
After our shift, we ran home and shoveled in dinner and then ran to our first night of religion Ed for the year.   They started a new program that starts in preschool.  We asked Saige if she wanted to go, and she was so excited.  So tonight, she had her first "church school class".  She had a blast!  Ms. Monica is her teacher.  Harper is in her class too and they both loved it!  
Mallory is teaching 5-6th grade RE and has Preston in her class.  He told me it "wasn't as bad as he was expecting!"  I can't help but wonder what he thought she was going to do!   I  am teaching 1st grade this year.  I have an assistant teacher who I have worked with for several years now.  She was gone tonight.  I am not shy in saying I needed her.  I have a lot of kids who can't sit.  I think it could be an interesting year.  
Preston is excited because he taught Glow to stand on her back feet and beg. Goats will do about anything for food!  
And jerry the peacock flew out of his cage.  We are pretty sure we can hear him in the trees, but Quincy is pretty sad that we haven't been able to see him or catch him.  We have put out some feed hoping to lure him back up by the pen, however we also have about 25-30 wild turkeys who think they live with us, so I wonder if they will eat the food!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been busy and having fun! I feel a bit like Mark Shulz song, " Running Just to Catch Myself." these days!

    ReplyDelete