Thursday, July 7, 2016

Some stuff

Cameron is getting close to finished with summer league.  His team is having a rough go. However, Cameron loves to play and we think any practice is good practice.  It is time I get to hang out with Cameron, and some of my winter sports mom friends, so I think it's fun!  
Preston is on an amazing ball team this summer.  Not only are they fun to watch on the field, but they are friends off the field as well.  They are commonly heard planning out time to get together and hang out at the pool.  Preston truly likes these boys and is having a great time!  
For Quincy, any time in the water is a good time.  I noticed today the lifeguards all know her and egg her on in her diving board trickery.  I also overheard them giggling and calling her the bellyflop Queen.  
Harper is doing so well.  I am not a believer in swimming lessons.  It sounds like a bad mom statement, but seriously, if you put your kids in the water and make them feel safe there, they learn to swim.  Maybe not Olympic grade swimming, but as good as being able to save themselves and keep up with their friends.  I figure if they want to be on the Olympic team, they can train for that later.  I have a similar view of taking drivers Ed.  It isn't necessarily a viewpoint shared by my spouse.  
The best part of summer.....no debates over bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment