Tuesday, September 15, 2009

new week...

It is now a new week. All of the kids are back at school and seemingly healthy. Jim is back to work and seemingly healthy. I am feeling good. I hope this is here to stay!
Colin missed his football game this weekend since he was running a fever. It caused him some emotional trauma, but I think he will recover.
We will have a sonogram tomorrow, and will be finding out the sex of #7. There are many bets going on at our house. I guess they all have a 50-50 chance of being right! I kind of feel that this baby is a girl, but am sort of hoping for a boy since we have a boy's name picked out and we won't have to have a million discussions about that!! Not that we won't be happy either way! We really are only interested in the baby being healthy!
Homeschool is going really well by now. We have settled into a routine, and Cameron seems to continue to work really hard for me. He is a pretty good student! We have committed to taking him to speech once a week in Lawrence. His speech teacher is really nice, and we don't mind the drive up (I tend to use the time to run all our errands which I used to run in Topeka). We have also enrolled him in Overbrook's homeschool group which meets once a week and they have music, art, home ec., do science experiments, and social studies. He really enjoys being with the kids in the group, and seems to be having a lot of fun with that. The coolest part of the program is his Spanish class. It is almost all done online, and it is a lot of interactive games. I am amazed at how much Spanish he is picking up, and how much he loves it...he begs to play the games over and over, and he wants to start out each day with Spanish. He also begs to work ahead and it is pretty neat to see a kid so excited about learning!
I will post some sonogram photos tomorrow and let you know which group of kids at our house wins the bets!

No comments:

Post a Comment