Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another week bites the dust

The teacher's float - Preston and Quincy liked it best because they threw 'good' candy.

Quincy was a ton of help getting apples in the freezer!

Cam's first flag football game...Cam is the one with the red stripe on his shorts. Yes, my son got put on a white team again this year...whose idea is it to print up white shirts for football? I see a lot of stain stick in my future!


The theme of my life lately seems to be "what happened to the week?" I find myself asking this question every Sunday. This week has been a bit of a mess. My mom is in the hospital with an infection. My grandma had a mastectomy on Thursday, and is home from the hospital and doing really well, however she will now need to go through chemotherapy and radiation. We are waiting to find out when she will start treatment. My kids have been busy as ever with all their activities and my house seems to always take a back seat to the activities of the day.
This weekend was a whirlwind of football games (I forgot my camera for Colin's game on Saturday, but he made a very nice touchdown and had some great blocks!) The girls and I put a ton of apples in the freezer. I had a lot more help from Quincy than I needed, but she seemed to enjoy running the peeler. Colin ate most of the skins that we peeled off, until he got a stomach ache and had to quit!
This weekend was our high school's homecoming. We took the kids to the parade on Friday, and I am starting to realize that we live in a parade happy town. We have a parade for 4th of July, 2 fair parades, a homecoming parade this week, a Santa Fe Trail days parade next weekend...the list of parades seems endless, but fun none-the-less!! Jim took Colin and Cam to watch the homecoming game, but our team lost. It was a very close game though.
Cameron had his first flag football game today. I couldn't believe how warm it was, and I even got a bit of a sunburn on my nose! Cam played really well, and got in several flag pulls as well as scoring a touch down. I really enjoy flag football, I think it is more difficult to pull a flag off a running guy than it is to tackle someone.
Things that I am thinking about this week, for those of you keeping track, I am now 27 weeks pregnant. This may not mean anything at first, until you realize that I am due on Christmas Day. This means that there are only 13 weeks (roughly 90 days) until Christmas. For those of you who know me very well, you will know that Christmas is not my favorite holiday. The downfall of having a baby due then is that I have a running countdown of how much longer I have to get my shopping started! Not that my friend Terri doesn't keep me posted about that enough!
The other thought that I have been having all afternoon came from our new priest, Father Anthony, who is so very gifted. His homily today was about not loving our gifts more than the One who gave them to us. Boy, am I guilty of that most of the time. Now I have something else to work on! Funny how when life is the craziest, we can realize how much we have been given. And when we are crazy, it is so easy to forget to take the time to be thankful.




1 comment:

  1. I believe that the radius divided by the weight of a dozen eggs is relatively scrambled.

    ReplyDelete