Friday, October 2, 2009

And another ones gone....

Another week of wondering what happened. Theme of my life. This week has been uneventful, yet very busy. Quincy had croup - which is always so very scary, and it always hits in the middle of the night, which wrecks anyone's chance of sleeping! She is on steroids now, and seems to be feeling much better. Colin got sent home from school with a headache, which I now believe was a result of getting hit pretty hard in his football game. Speaking of the game, his team won, with Colin making 3 touch downs, and both he and Jim were mighty excited! I didn't get to go to his game since I had to teach my RE class. I am excited to be teaching 1st grade again this year, and I am equally excited by this particular group of kids. THEY SIT!! It is a major miracle! I can only imagine the things we can accomplish this year with kids who know how to sit still!!! And they already know most of the required prayers too...which makes my life so much easier! Now we can relax and learn our lessons, and do some fun crafts etc. I was also blessed to be given an assistant teacher and I am happy to know I have someone to cover for me when I have the baby. YEAH!
My mom got home from the hospital, and seems to be feeling a bit better. My grandma has continued to impress us with her recovery and we are all feeling like that is a blessing since she will be able to go into her treatments with her strength in tact.
My cousin is getting married this weekend. I think this will be the last of the weddings for a while. This particular cousin is special to me because Aaron was the first baby I was actually trusted with! Aunt Mary was a brave woman! She might have just needed the break, I am not sure, but I was allowed to babysit for her little man! That might be the start of where I learned to love babies so much! I can't believe that he is old enough to get married!
Also this weekend, Santa Fe Trail days here in town. We had lunch there featuring 'pig on a stick' and some milk can stew. Cam, Preston and Quincy also had fun watching them fire cannons, and watching the Native American axe throwing demonstration. We will go for a while in the morning to watch the parade and I will take some photos. I didn't want to look at it all today because I know how much Mallory and Madison enjoy that stuff, so I didn't want to have to do it all 2 times!
While I wait on everyone to get home from school and work, I am having the little ones help me with sorting out clothes, it seems like we will be needing those longer pants and sweatshirts now! I love the fall, but I hate to think about the cold weather! Preston cracks me up because everything I pull out of the attic he thinks is "new" and just for him! Little does he know I am the queen of hand-me-downs! Most of his clothes are things that I saved back from his brothers...luckily his brothers are enough older that he doesn't remember them wearing this stuff!!
I will post some photos of the Santa Fe Trail festival as well as the cousin's wedding later this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment