Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yesterday


Yesterday was my thirty-somethingith birthday. I had a great day! Jim took me out for a nice lunch since last night he had city council and I had to teach my religion ed. class. Mallory and Madison agreed to babysit for their younger siblings while I was gone to church. When I got back, they had not only watched the little ones, but they had cleaned the house, folded the laundry and baked me a cake. I won't mention that Mallory had Cameron ride his bike to the store in the rain to get the cool-whip for the top! It was a great cake - jello poke cake, one of my all time favorites! And it was so nice to come home to a clean house, dishes done, and laundry folded up! (Thank you kids!)
Today I am baking birthday treats for Preston to take to preschool. He wants star shaped cookies with sprinkles. I cheated and bought already made cookie dough. In fairness, I did this to save time for one important reason - that being that I am having a craving for my grandma's cinnamon rolls with pineapple baked in the middle - which I am planning to make today also! Preston's birthday isn't until Monday, but there is no school then.
We are gearing up for a wild weekend. Colin is attending a wrestling clinic at Baker University. We were excited about this opportunity until we found out that it is Maple Leaf Festival in Baldwin this weekend. For those of you not from around here, Maple Leaf is a BIG deal - in a not very big town - thus making parking, and getting around in Baldwin City a very big nightmare. Jim has agreed to try to get him there - but makes no promises about finding a parking spot! We are also having a fishing party for Preston and are praying that the weather will at least be sunny and not raining. Cameron has a flag football game, and we are looking at several options for him to start playing basketball. The activities never end, but we are thankful for the ability to offer the opportunity to the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment