Sunday, October 18, 2009

Parties, Football, Wrestling, & more Parties
















I am not sure that even if we wanted to, we could have shoved one more thing into this weekend! We had a birthday party for Preston's 5th. I have had a running theme of late on not knowing what happened to the week, well that goes double for not knowing where the past 5 years has gone. Preston had his heart set on taking everyone fishing yesterday, followed by a picnic at the park. Unfortunately, the weather didn't really cooperate with his plans. He still got to go fishing, and some of his friends did join him, however we had to move his picnic indoors because the weather was about 45 degrees with a pretty good north wind. Jim took the kids fishing, and Preston was very excited because he caught 10 fish, one of which I understand was a big large mouth bass, which he reeled in all by himself. Preston, Quincy, and their friend really had a great time playing with the night crawlers as well!
Preston had a great party! He seemed to really enjoy himself, and wasn't too upset that his picnic idea got squashed! Mostly, if you serve hot dogs and cake he will be a happy boy!
Colin attended a wrestling clinic at Baker University yesterday as well. Luckily, his coach was kind enough to bring him home, so Jim only had to brave the Maple Leaf Festival one time! Colin came home super excited because of some moves that he learned - one that he had been using before but the way he was doing it is illegal, so now he knows how to legally do the move - I believe he called it a ball and chain, but I am not real clear on that. I have learned a ton about wrestling in the past year, but I have a long, long way to go to be a good "wrestling mom" mostly I bite off all my nails worrying he will break his neck or something. I am learning though! The most exciting part for him yesterday was that he wrestled the kid who beat him out to go to state last year, and he beat the kid! He was tickled with himself! He said if that kid is in his bracket this year it will NOT keep him out of the state tournament!
We had a brunch at church today to welcome our new priest. I am not sure why it has taken us so long to welcome this man, as he has been here for 2 months already, but today was the day! Mallory and Madison were a ton of help with the cleanup and were excited to get a few more of those community service hours knocked off.
After the brunch, it was home to try to do a little bit of laundry and then Jim took off to take Cameron to his flag football game while I made stuff to take to the 4-H fall party. Its my understanding that I missed a great football game, with Cam getting both an interception and a touchdown for his team.
The fall party was a lot of fun, the kids went trick-or-treating for canned goods to donate to the local food pantry (another community service hour knocked off!!) and then they played games and ate some dinner. Because of all the activity today, we did not cook any meals at home - we had brunch at church and dinner at 4-H! I guess there are some benefits to being crazy busy after all!
I asked Preston what he wanted to do for his birthday tomorrow and his great plan is to go to McDonalds! He also wants me to take him to pick out his own gifts like I did for the girls - I guess his days of trusting me to pick out cool stuff are over! I thought it was funny that he remembered that the girls got a shopping trip for their birthday last year! I guess those hours in the women's dressing room scarred him for life!! I don't foresee him picking out lots of clothes tomorrow!!







No comments:

Post a Comment