Sunday, October 4, 2009

I don't know if you can tell in this photo, but Aaron and Ashley used a chainsaw to cut their wedding cake.
Madison teaching Quincy to be socially appropriate.

soda = good!!


Quincy dancing the night away with her cousin!
Well, yesterday did not really go as I planned...but what ever does? I intended to go to Santa Fe Trail days with the kids, and to go to the horse drawn parade, but I woke up with a terrible head/neck/back ache. So I slept in, and the kids didn't really seem disappointed, so we skipped SFT days altogether. Well, all of us except for Jim, who had agreed to work. Since Jim was working, and Cameron was going to a slumber party, the rest of the kids and I rode to Emporia with my sister for our cousin's wedding. Because I had intended to drive myself down, I had started packing our van, and that is where my camera was during the wedding, so these photos are courtesy of my sister. (Thanks Amy). We didn't get (very) lost, the wedding was beautiful, and we had a good time at the reception. My cousin has always been an interesting character, so watching him and his new bride cut their wedding cake with a chainsaw did not really surprise anyone! Preston did not fall asleep on the ride home, thanks to the 200 sodas that he drank while we waited on the dancing to start! We all wish Aaron and Ashley the best of luck starting their new life together!!
My headache has now turned into a full blown cold, complete with a sore throat. I am majorly bummed out because I felt that I had already suffered enough this season with the on-going cold and cough that I had during most of August and September. I was finally able to sleep, and now this. I suppose I will survive though! I keep thinking that cold/flu season should not have started yet. What do I know I guess.
Colin had to come home from football practice on Saturday morning early, because he seems to have some sort of a bad sprain in his right wrist. He spent Friday night at a friend's house, and apparently fell off a scooter, and then was playing hide and seek at the park and fell off the slide too. He seems a little bit better today, but I am not convinced that we won't end up at the doctor's office, after all, this is Colin, my little medical fiasco kid!
Cameron played flag football this afternoon. Cam played really well, and was a little disappointed that they lost their game.
Now the house is quiet, and I have to finish filling out the 4-H enrollment paper work since the meeting is tomorrow, and I have a few other fun projects to do as well. I am also trying to plan out a few foods and crafts meetings, since I am the leader for these projects. The big one is crafts, since the craft kids have to do some crafts to sell at the Overbrook Craft Sale in November. Ideas welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment