Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another week gone


A little bit late with these photos, but Cam played his last flag football game last weekend and they got their medals. I think that the season was a great success, and they had a ton of fun! Now he will be playing basketball, but I am not sure when the season starts.

We hosted a cooking and crafts meeting for 4-H this weekend. The kids made cookie mixes in quart jars to sell next weekend. The kids worked very hard, and they did a great job! They have several different types of mixes put together to sell.
It has been another wild week with tons of stuff going on. The kids have wrapped up most of their fall activities, and we enjoyed the girls' fall band and choir concert on Friday night. I have to say (parental bragging I know) that I am blown away by their band. They are very talented! I think the really amazing part to me is how well they play when I consider that 2 years ago our girls had never played any instrument at all - now they read music and play beautifully! They have a very gifted band director, and they are very excited about band, so it is nice to watch that progress!
Colin will be playing in a football tournament next weekend, and that will wrap up his season. He is pretty excited about it.
I am in charge of the prizes for the school carnival. I will be delighted to turn these prizes over on carnival night, as I don't have room in my bedroom to breathe now! Of course, having boxes and boxes of toys is a huge temptation for Preston and Quincy too!
We also have to start thinking about putting up the baby stuff. I have 5 weeks to go before they will take this little one. I probably better have a place for it to sleep! Although my grandma said that for years she would wake up and find babies in the dresser drawers - maybe that would be a great time saver!
Jim is spending this coming week in Wichita at a City Clerk training seminar. He should have a lot of fun, and I know a couple of kids who don't really want to see daddy leaving for the week! Apparently, I am not as much fun as he is!



No comments:

Post a Comment