Monday, November 16, 2009

snow??? Really??

I know it is mid November, but really??? Do we have to have snow already? I was enjoying the 60+ degree days and sunshine. I am never ready to see summer or fall end. I don't enjoy being cold, and I want to cry every time the furnace kicks on - I can just hear the people at Kansas Gas service laughing at me and rubbing their hands together menacingly. (It does not bother me when the air conditioner kicks on in the summer time however!).

Colin started wrestling practice this evening. I happened to be in Lawrence for the kids dentist appointments today and ran across a sale where I got him some shoes that had been $50 marked down to $20. I was thrilled! He said that they feel great and he had a good practice. He is pretty excited - wrestling is his thing!

NO cavities at the dentist today. That was good news. Then we stopped at Dillons where I let the kids sit in the van and run the radio, not too good of an idea because apparently our battery is on its last leg. Luckily I ran into a very nice college aged kid who was willing to stand in the snow and jumpstart my van. I think I might have to do a little battery shopping and see if I can get as good of a deal on that as I did Colin's shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment