Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday with the mid week blues

My usually very happy little girl is sick. She started out the day by begging me to "stay home today" I suppose one of these days I will learn to listen. I just thought she was having a hard time waking up! She was going to a doctor appointment with me, but we never made it that far. Suffice it to say that her car seat has been washed, and she has slept most of the day. She did keep down a little sprite and some noodle soup a little while ago, so perhaps she will be better by tomorrow.
We attended family math night last night at Cameron's school. I have never played multiplication baseball before, but it was fun. The school has gotten a new math curriculum this year, and I have to admit that it has challenged my patience and made me wonder what in the heck we are thinking- can we not just teach a kid to multiply anymore? Do we really need to introduce new ways to do it? Do we need lattice multiplication systems? Are kids today so intelligent that they need to learn 3 or 4 ways to simply multiply? I have no idea. It seems to me that I learned one way to multiply and I am still using it today, and I have functioned just fine. I guess this is why I am not in the education field!
Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor since I had to cancel today's appointment. I seem to be battling carpal tunnel syndrom again this pregnancy. I was hopeful that I could escape it. It isn't near as bad as when we had Preston though, so here's hoping that it will be minimal.
We are gearing up for the school carnival this weekend. I will be extremely glad to have this huge project off my plate. I feel bad since it is on Jim's birthday. I have offered to buy him dinner, but it will be either a walking taco or a hotdog! Poor guy! I guess I will have to make a good cake to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment