Saturday, November 14, 2009

Survival!

around....around the mud and water please! We survived the week with Jim away in Wichita for his training. I was told several times how much this tribe missed their daddy - and I was told about 100 times that I am not fun like daddy. But we all survived anyhow, even though it wasn't very fun at our house apparently! Jim says that he learned a lot at the training, and he really felt it was worthwhile, so that was good. He got to spend an evening with our friend Grace and her family, including our Godson, who must be a master salesman...and I was proud of Jim because the candy that he bought actually made it home to the kids!
We are having a wild weekend as usual. Colin's football team is playing in a tournament in Emporia. Mallory and Madison have several babysitting jobs lined up and are tag-teaming that and working at the 4-H booth at the local craft fair. Quincy is extremely happy because she gets to spend the day playing with her "friends" she has been begging for somebody (anybody) to come over to play with her. This particular bunch of friends are cousins, but she is pleased anyhow! The funniest part is how she calls her 2 year old cousin Alex "baby" and he just lets her! I am not sure when Alex will stop being a baby...maybe never!
Speaking of babies, we are down to 6 weeks to go. They have scheduled a date, but much to my dismay, they did not choose to go with my chosen date. I have hit the anxious part of pregnancy - anxious to hold our new baby, anxious to see if it is a boy or a girl, anxious to see if baby is healthy, anxious - well you get the point. At least we have officially picked out names and so this baby will not have to come home with no name! We have picked out Holden Ray for a boy or Harper Joy for a girl. I am happy because we finally found 2 names that we both agree on and like! Naming babies is hard...and with each child it seems to get harder, I guess because I always feel like I used up the names I liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment