Sunday, June 30, 2013

Langfest 2013

 We had a great time celebrating the 4th of July at Langfest 2013.  The kids were exhausted, sunburned, filthy and had a few minor burns.  Just the way you are supposed to celebrate the 2nd greatest holiday of the year!

 Harper was a little braver this year, and even tried to light off some of her own fireworks.  I am proud to say, she is not one of the burn victims!
 Quincy and her cousins were fairly responsible.  Maybe that is because Aunt Diane gave them the "riot act of firework" speech.


 Preston.....well he is not careful, did not listen to the speech, but did have a wonderful time blowing things up.  He may or may not have burned himself on multiple occasions.

 The big boys had a most amazing time doing who knows what with their cousins.  Some things are best left unknown!



 Saige was not as brave as Harper with the noise, the people, and the fireworks.
 My grandma's sister Florance celebrated her 80th birthday.  She looks just like she did when I was a kid!  :)


 17 out of 20 of the grandchildren were there.  Close enough that photos are required I guess.
 Since Saige was born, I have said that she looks like my cousin Kara.  I also think she looks a whole lot like my cousin Kara's little girl!  Except that cousin Gracie may be cleaner, and someone may have combed her hair!

 My nephew Clayton was chillin' with a Popsicle.  Of course, it is easier to chill out if Harper leaves you alone for a minute!  :)
 Football playing studs.
 Most of the great grand children.  I believe we are missing 2 from this photo, and one more is due in December.

 Crazy looking crew.  I am sure my grandma would be proud.  I miss her everyday!
 We couldn't go a week without loving our baby Ryan.   Or Ryster as the girls have started calling him!
 Two of my grandma's sisters.  One was more willing to have her photo taken than the other.  :)
 Harper finally got a 'boyfriend' and then was pretty sad when the girls told her that she can't date him.... not because of age but because he is her cousin!
Grandma Nancy is not allowed to hold baby Ryan unless she also holds Saige.   Grandma is also not allowed to hold any other babies or toddlers either.  Why?  Because Saige said so!

It was a good day. We had a lot of fun!  Its always fun to visit with the cousins, aunts, uncles and see all the babies growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment