Friday, June 21, 2013

Adventure Time

 Preston has been wanting to get a green anole like Cameron had for a homeschool project.  The problem is that they don't live long, leaving everyone sad.  I made a pit stop at the pet shop and learned that as lizards go, Bearded Dragons are a great choice.  They are gentle, like being held, and with good care can live around 10 years.  Awesome!  Then we saw the price tag.  Plus, we got rid of our aquarium when we moved, which meant buying a cage too.. 
 Yesterday, on a whim, I checked craigslist, and found a family in Baldwin who were selling 2 bearded dragons plus all the accessories cheap.  Preston was convinced these dragons were the ones for him, so he went to visit the First National Bank  of Jim for a loan!  He was approved! 
Having always been a lizard lover, I have to say I think these are an amazing addition to the family!  Plus it gave Preston a research project to do on the proper care of P.J.  and Lollipop!  Summer reading....bonus!

Last night, I took Saige  upstairs to bed, and came downstairs to use the computer and get ready for bed.  Next thing I knew, I was in the middle of the floor and could not use my arm to get up.  After much scooting and immense pain, Jim took me to the emergency room.  We got there at 11:30.  At 4 this morning they finally put me under and put my shoulder, which I had dislocated, back in its socket.  The pain relief was immediate, but I have to go back today to see an orthoo doctor and probably have to have some physical therapy.  We got home at 5:30 this morning.  Needless to say, this was one summer adventure I could have passed up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment