Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring break stuff

 Mallory and Madison's band trip sounds like a lot of fun.....but a bit of a wild adventure too.  They left Saturday night around 9 pm (after having gone to Wichita and back to play in the pep band for the Lady Charger's state championship game).  The idea was to drive through the night, arriving in New Orleans bright and early Sunday morning for a whole day of sightseeing and fun.  Instead, the bus broke down on the Oklahoma, Texas border.  This gave them a day of fun sitting around on a broken bus and in and IHOP which I can only imagine was super happy when a replacement bus arrived to take away the 80+ students who had been hanging out!  
Once in The Big Easy, it sure sounded to me like they were having fun.  They were going to visit a lot of awesome places!  Today, they went to a museum and then were supposed to get on a bus to head back.  I was told that the van that had several students in it had broken down, and they were waiting for it to be fixed.  Seems like they might not be home as scheduled!?!  I told them that sometimes the journey is the adventure!
 Here on the home front, we have been buried neck deep in paperwork trying to get everything together for the sale/purchase of our houses.  Seriously, I am not sure if I have blocked out the paperwork from our other real estate transactions, or if this is due to new laws which took effect the first of the year, but I don't think there is a single piece of paper left in my house that I can scan and give to someone.  
 The kids who are left at home and I did take a break yesterday afternoon to have a picnic at the lake with a friend of mine.  Actually, Adreinne was my first friend - we met when we were 4 years old, and have been friends ever since.  Rare is the day when I don't hear from her, and many times in my life she has been the voice of reason, keeping me sane and possibly out of jail.  I was super happy to have a couple of hours to visit with her in person.  And our kids get along great too, which is super awesome.

 The big boys and I have decided that loan paperwork is for the birds, which is why we have spent a lot of time filling out a perfect bracket for the billion dollar payout.  And they have been perfecting their poker skills so that we can play high stakes in the future.  If I teach them nothing else in their childhood, at least they will have a good grasp of how to gamble.  
'
 These two little girls miss their big sisters.  I have had Harper ask me about 100 times if today is "Sursday" because she knows that is when the girls come home!  I don't have the heart to tell her if they don't get their transportation issues resolved, it may be Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment