Friday, March 14, 2014

wow!

 This has been a week for the record books.  Thursday, I took Madison to visit Johnson County's Culinary school.  We were both blown away by how awesome the program is.  I had so much fun looking at kitchen equipment, that when it was over I was convinced I wanted to enroll right along with Madison!  They have a completely new facility.  With the new building, they have all new toys.  And I mean that in the best way ever!  I don't know what Madison will decide for sure, but I am excited for her.  And the sidekicks were very well behaved too! Saige and Harper can brag to all their friends that they started going to college visits when they were 2 and 4!!
 The kids are super excited to be home on spring break!  Mallory and Madison leave for New Orleans tomorrow.  They are going with their band, it is going to be a fabulous trip if all goes as planned they will see tons of stuff!  Colin is wrestling at the club wrestling sub district tournament tomorrow.  Looks like the 'break' is not going to happen!
And if you will bear with me, I will tell you a little story about the goodness that has been surrounding us this week.  As most of you already know, we put our house on the market last week, and to our shock, it sold in 3 days!  I had said a little prayer to God and asked that if we were doing the right thing, to make our house sale effortless.  God does not mess around.  As I have mentioned here in blog land, and to anyone who would listen in the past few months, we found our dream house/property in January and missed buying it by 1 day.  God has a sense of humor, and everything is always on His time, in His way.  We have been searching for properties, and just were not ever quite as happy as we had been with the original property.  Interestingly, one day after our house sold, the dream property came back on the market.  I have never been so happy to hear of the failure of others in my life.  I know it probably makes me a bad person.....an honest one, but not a good one.  God forgive me, but I was super happy!  Of course, we had to wait several days to make sure that the contract was not going through.  I will freely admit that the absolute worst thing you could ever ask me  to do is wait.  I do not wait well.  At all.  I often say I handle rejection much better than I handle waiting.  Anyhow after several days of waiting, we found out that we could put a contract on the property!  So yesterday, we made an offer.   And today we waited.  I mentioned how well I wait, right?  ALL DAY OF WAITING NEARLY KILLED ME!  Finally, we found out that they accepted our offer.  And so, we have a contract on a property.  Not just any property, but THE property.  We are cautiously optimistic, because as I have also mentioned before, we suck at real estate!!!  :)  Our loan is contingent on the sale of our house going through....I would love to say, Hey God's got this - I have nothing to worry about.  Unfortunately, although I know it is totally in God's hands, and I have done everything I can do, I was just not wired for such thoughts.  I will not stop worrying about it until someone hands me a house key!  :)  But maybe, just maybe, I will be able to sleep tonight, for the first time in over a week!  I am going to keep repeating God is good all the time, He's got this.  However, if you are the praying type, please say a little prayer that we can have all the pieces fall into place, and that we can keep our sanity while we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment