Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In To the Swamp

 Quincy's second grade class did a musical last night - it was about living in a swamp.  She was supposed to wear 'swamp clothes'  I dare say this is not the first time I have been stumped by a request made by the school.  She seemed to think she should maybe dress as a frog, snake or alligator, but I was lacking in the costume department, and she had to wear the next best thing instead.  None of the other kids were dressed up as wild animals, so I think it was for the best.  
 As second grade musicals go, this one was not too bad.  

 Quincy even had a speaking part, and I was impressed with how clearly and nicely she spoke.  She said she was 'very scared' but she did great!

One of my best friends from grade/high school has a daughter Quincy's age.  They are great friends.  It makes me both happy and a little scared to see how much they love each other.   My mom made the comment that it is like looking back 30 years!  I know how rotten Dusty and I were, I can only imagine what these 2 little girls are going to put us through!  :)  

The big problem with going out in public right now is that everyone in town has seen the "sold" sign on our house.  They keep asking us where we are moving.  At this moment, we have absolutely no idea.  This seems to make people a little bit nervous.  Of course, it makes  me a little bit nervous as well.  Especially when I consider Jim is leaving for training for the rest of this week!  I am sure that our realtor is going to sell us something amazing.....completely our dream property.  I am just not real sure when that is going to happen!  :)  I am putting this in writing - this is the last time we move willingly.  The next time someone will be dragging me out kicking and screaming - and they can handle the paperwork!!

No comments:

Post a Comment